MARCH 24-27, 2021
2021 Research Challenge will be a VIRTUAL event! Visit the STEM-H Center website for the most updated competition information and participation requirements.
First Time Users
Enter your First Name, Last Name, and Email address in box on right and click "Create Account." You will be asked to verify your email address before you can continue. Once your address is verified, you will select your registration type (i.e. student, teacher, judge, or volunteer) and be directed to the appropriate registration page from there.
Login with your username and password. If you do not recall your login information, you will have the option to retrieve/reset.
If you have questions or need help with your registration, please contact the STEM-H Center at 505-277-4916 or firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION INFORMATION
TEACHERS ~ submit SRC/IRB rosters and Transmittal Forms by February 8, 2021
- February 10, 2021 ~ Student ONLINE ENTRY DEADLINE
- Completed online registration INCLUDING Profile Picture
- ALL required ISEF or Elementary Forms
- Media & Liability Release Form
- Registration Fee
- March 1, 2021 ~ LAST DAY to upload Project Boards, Research Report, and/or update Abstract
ALL PAPERWORK must be submitted online. NO hard copies will be accepted.
$30.00/student (grades 6-12); $22.50 (grades 4-5)
- Individual (student) payments can be made online with a credit card, or you may send checks to:
UNM STEM-H Center
1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131
If mailing a check, be sure to write STUDENT name in the memo line!
- Schools paying registration fees for their students should email a Purchase Order to email@example.com.
Before you register, make sure you have or know the follwing:
1. Who is paying your registration fee? You or your school?
2. Your category
3. Your division
- Elementary (4th-5th)
- Junior (6th-8th)
- Senior (9th-12th)
4. Abstract - you will be asked to copy and paste into the registration form.
Make sure you have completed ALL steps!
1. ONLINE REGISTRATION ~ you WILL recieve a confirmation screen and email when your registration is received.
Students MUST upload a profile picture during registration.
If you are a part of a TEAM project, be sure you have linked your registration with your team members' registration
2. REQUIRED FORMS - ALL FORMS MUST BE UPLOADED
- Grades 6-8
- ALL required ISEF forms
- Media & Liability Release
- Project Board
- Grades 4-5
- ALL required Elementary forms
- Media & Liability Release
- Project Board
3. REGISTRATION FEE
- 6th-12th Grade - $30.00
- 4th & 5th Grade - $22.50
- If your school is paying your registration fee, be sure to mark this option when asked on the registration form.
Teachers, when you log in you can:
- Track which of your students have completed their registration
- Email students who have started but not completed their registration
- Upload student forms and/or edit student entries
Important reminders for teachers:
Each school must submit a Transmittal Form by February 8. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2021 EntryTRANSMITTAL FORM.pdf
Any school that fielded their own SRC/IRB committee must submit a roster on our website by February 8.
Thank you for your interest in judging at the 2021 Central NM STEM Research Challenge!
If you have not created an account please do so in the box to the right.
2021 VIRTUAL JUDGING INFORMATION
Middle and High School Divisions
Judges will interview middle or high school students about their science/engineering projects, score them, and caucus with fellow judges to determine 1st, 2nd, 3rd places in a category.
Judging interviews will take place over Zoom during the following times.
- Junior Division (Grades 6-9) - Wednesday, March 24, 2021 ~ 8:00a - 1:00p
- Senior Division (Grades 9-12) - Thursday, March 25, 2021 ~ 8:00a -1:00p
*Note: Judges in Junior and Senior Division will be required to review online project boards for each project they are assigned BEFORE judging day so they are prepared to interview students. This will take the place of the preview period that usually takes place in the morning before interviews when Research Challenge is in-person.
- Elementary Division (Grades 4-5) ~ NO INTERVIEWS: judges needed to review and score online project materials (boards, videos) at their convenience between Monday, March 22 and Friday, March 26
Important information for judges:
- When you register to judge, you will be able to choose your preferred judging categories. We make every effort to place judges in their first choice category but depending on the number of projects and judges in each category, we may have to move judges to their second or third choice.
- Scoring is done online. If you have a mobile device (phone or tablet) please bring with you on judging day. Scoring is done via this website, so please note your username and password. If you forget it, it can be easily reset.
- We use a caucusing process to determine final ranking. While the raw scores you will enter online are important, meeting with the other judges in your category to discuss and rank projects is equally important. Therefore, we must ask that judges stay through the end of the last caucus meeting which will end between 12:30-1:00 p.m. (we provide coffee and refreshments throughout the morning!)
- If you have never judged before (or even if you have), please review our JUDGE_TRAINING_MANUAL.pdf. There is a lot of information about what to expect as well as tips and advice on interviewing students.